Monday, January 9, 2012

7 Months Old - Fun Photo Shoot

Greetings!

Today our little Miss turns 7 months old.  It's hard to believe that she's more than half way to one year old!  She makes us laugh every day with her silly sounds and faces and is just such a joy in our lives!  The newest thing she has been doing is babbling more and more.  She had added "dadadadada" and "gagagaga" to her vocabulary this month!  And she is always making noises and little screams when she plays with her toys.  She is just too precious!!

The other new thing that has sprouted up in the past 2-3 weeks is a pretty bad case of separation anxiety and "stranger danger".  I'm sure it's because I'm the one with her 24 hours a day, but whenever I step out of her sight for even 5 seconds, she is whining and crying until I come back in the room.  It's the craziest thing.  She is usually ok when Rian has her, but she still always needs to just see my face in order to calm down.  Her "stranger danger" comes and goes depending on what mood she is in, but it can be pretty bad at times!  So far she isn't too keen on Grandpa Buckner or Uncle Tony :)  Don't worry guys, I'm sure it's just a phase!!

Have I mentioned how amazing it is to be a stay at home mom?  I think its the best gift I can give her at this point in her life.  And it has allowed me to do so many things for her that would be much harder to accomplish if I was working - such as cloth diapering (washing, drying, and folding them takes a whole day in itself!), making her baby food, and most importantly, the fact that I'm still nursing.  When she was born, I certainly didn't think I'd still be nursing at 7 months old, but now it's so easy, convenient, and free!  Plus I love playing with her and snuggling with her all day long - I mean look at that face - who wouldn't!?  Not working means some sacrifices on my part (like going to Target and only coming out of the store with the things I went in there for...) but it is all so worth it to be able to see Hailey's shining face each moment of the day :) Big shout out to my incredible, amazing husband Rian for giving me this opportunity to raise our baby girl.  I love you!

OK - so another fun part of staying at home means I get to do fun photo shoots like this!!  Please enjoy what I call just another Thursday afternoon ;)










1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet!! I love staying home too. SO SO worth the sacrifice :) You seem like such a great mama Angela!!

    ReplyDelete