Sunday, February 27, 2011

25 Weeks & Chicago Babymoon!

Lots has been going on in the past 5 weeks since I've posted!

I've been working alot, which has been getting harder because I run out of breath more easily these days running around the hotel, plus my feet and ankles have been starting to swell up.  I was pretty concerned about that because they were pretty big at one point (I'm talkin' Orange Beach '08 Cankles! or bigger!!) - so I went in to the doctor for an 'emergency' appointment in between my normal 20 and 24 week appointments.  Luckily everything is fine (no signs of pre-eclampsia or other swelling-related problems).  I just need to start watching my salt intake and drinking lots more water.  And let me tell you watching salt intake is not easy!  But when I went back for my 24 week appointment, the swelling was down and I lost 2 pounds of water weight so that is good!  My belly is also measuring right on track at 25 centimeters.  So even though I feel like I've gotten alot bigger in the past couple weeks, it's good to know its right where its supposed to be!  Little Miss Hailey is moving around like a ninja these days... I even felt her kicking my ribs yesterday!

24 week pic:


A couple weeks ago we celebrated Rian's 28th birthday!  I made him breakfast in bed, got him some new Cardinals apparel for the '11 season and we went out for a big birthday dinner at Ruths Chris Steakhouse that night.  It was excellent!

In home improvement news, we are definitley moving forward with the basement & nursery projects.  The basement is now fully carpeted and baseboards are in!  I think it looks great, and Bucky certainly enjoys the extra space to run around :)


Furniture for the nusery is also ordered and should be in by mid-March.  We are picking out the paint color this weekend so Rian can get to working on that.  ALSO, my lovely, kind, sister agreed to make my crib skirt and matching drapes for Hailey's room!  We found an adorable fabric swatch a few weeks ago... the colors are coral, pink (a darker pink, not baby pink), and 2 different shades of green.  And its polka dots!  I'm really excited about it and think it's gonna come together nicely.  Thanks Mel!

We also returned from our mini-Babymoon to Chicago this past Monday night.  For anyone who doesn't know, a Babymoon is a trip for you and your spouse to spend time together before the baby comes.  I know Chicago isn't the most exciting of destinations (we've been there a million times and I even lived there for a short while) but it was a quick and easy trip that gave us lots of rest and relaxation!  We even had our first train adventure to get there!  It wasn't too bad... a little tough to get comfortable for the 6-hour ride, but I would do it again, preferably to a closer destination like Jefferson City!  Anyway, once we got there, we were trying to pretend like we'd never been there before and did lots of touristy things!  Navy Pier, Millenium Park, The Bean, Mag Mile, Sears Tower (awesome!), Second City, restaurants and things like that.  We also went into a lot of cute little baby boutiques in Lincoln Park & Roscoe Village.  Everything was so adorable!!  Here is a snippet of some pics from our trip:






So, here I am at 25 weeks down, 15 weeks to go.  Once March is over, I feel like the time is going to fly.  I cannot wait for springtime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment