Monday, August 26, 2013

Hailey's New Room

It's official... Hailey Rian Buckner is not a baby anymore.  She is 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days old (yes seriously), and she has her very own {adorable} big girl room and she is sleeping perfectly in a big girl full-size bed.

I have had so much fun putting together her new room.  I wanted her to have a room that could last her until her early teen years, so I'm hoping that with a few tweaks as she grows up, this room will do the trick.  It was all based around the comforter which was my first purchase for her room.  Then I pulled out all sorts of bright colors for the accents and I'm really happy with the result!  I also did my best to save as much $$$ as I could while working on the room.  The dresser is from Craigslist (I repainted it), the shelves are from a garage sale (I repainted them), and the bookshelves are vinyl rain gutters.  My parents bought her the gorgeous table and chairs.  And she will have an actual bed frame eventually, but since we are just now transitioning her to a big bed, we thought we should start off with her box spring and mattress on the floor so she wasn't so high off the ground.

Here is Hailey's new room!  Please enjoy:






















Here are a couple grainy pics of her first night sleeping in her big girl bed about 2 weeks ago.  She has done so well with the transition.  At first she was waking up too early in the morning (about 4:30am...) but each day she has been inching back towards her normal 6-6:15am wake up time (she goes down around 7-7:30pm each night).  She also naps successfully in her big bed for about 1.5 hours each afternoon.



We are so proud of her!

Next step: Potty training.........

1 comment:

  1. What a great job Angie and Rian! It/she is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete