Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dear Hailey

Dear Hailey,

A very short time from now, you will become a big sister.  You have been my only child for 2 years and 4 months.  I'm getting super emotional as I write this because you are just so special to me.  You are incredibly sweet, caring, snuggly, funny, thoughtful, smart, goofy, and easygoing.  I absolutely never thought having a child would have such an impact on me as you have.  You have made my heart so full and I know that seeing you become a big sister will just fill up my heart even more.  I am confident you will show her the way and be such a wonderful role model for her as you two grow, and I hope that when you are older she is your best friend just like Aunt Missy is mine.

Your daddy and I are having so much fun with you in your last few weeks as an only child.  We love spoiling you with time and attention and just taking in all your cuteness and sweetness.  Your favorite things to do right now are play ball with daddy & Bucky, play with balloons, read books, play "kids" (Little People), build towers, color, play "checkup" with grandpa's doctor kit, play with and feed your babies, have dance parties, pretend to be a cowgirl with your cowgirl hat & pony, watch "kid shows" (Clifford, Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, PAW Patrol, Doc McStuffins, and Bubble Guppies are your faves), and you are a total pro and doing puzzles & games on my iPhone.  You can recognize and name a bunch of letters and know the sounds they make, you know your colors and shapes, can count to "firteen" (thirteen), and when I ask you your name you say proudly "Hailey Buckner!".  

Here are some of my favorite videos from the past couple months:

Recently you have been inviting daddy and I to dance parties!  You come get us and and tell us its time to "get the party started!" and then you fill up your Minnie Mouse wagon with your music box, guitar, microphone, cell phone, birthday cake, and balloons.  Then we all dance together and throw balloons around.  On this particular day you were telling us all to "raise the roof"!  


In this one, you were singing & dancing along to daddy's drumming.  In your princess skirt, of course!


Here, you are being silly with Great Grandma Mary.  You love to play at their house!


You love to play "checkup" with grandpa's medical kit (the same one I played with in the 80's!).  Here you are giving me a check up.


Here you are playing with your "kids".  And at one point you start counting... in Spanish (thank you, Dora)!


And now for a few (a million) of my favorite pics from the past couple months:

Grants Farm with mommy & daddy:





Grandma Peggy's 60th Birthday:



Playing "Checkup":




Apple Picking:



Trip to Hermann for Grandma's Birthday - your first time on the Amtrak!





Trip to the Pumpkin Patch:





Playing with your babies:




Playing balloons!! :


"Bob the balloon"

Just bein' a kid! :






Just bein' cute:






Happy 95th Birthday, Great Grandma Helen!


Donut & Shopping date with Mommy:


Snuggles with Mama :)




Even though you are about to be my "oldest" instead of my "only", you will forever and always be my BABY!

Love, Mama
10-20-13

No comments:

Post a Comment