Tuesday, January 11, 2011

18 Weeks

This week our little nugget is about 6 inches from head to bottom, and weighs about 6 ounces.  These are, of course, general statistics based on 'most' babies, but we will be finding out OUR baby's actual stats at our next doctors appointment in 2 weeks!  This is the big one.  The 20 week appointment where they measure all the baby's parts to make sure they're growing properly.  And we WILL be finding out pink or blue!  I can't believe that in 2 more weeks we will know what we are having.  Seems so crazy, and I can't believe I'm almost halfway already!

Right now I'm a little over 18 weeks along, and all the baby websites say to "picture a mango covered in cheese... that is what your baby looks like".  The mango is relative to its size, and the cheese is this waxy, cheese-like coating on the baby to protect it from getting too wrinkly while floating around in the amniotic fluid.

Here is our mango & 18-week pic:




I have been feeling great and getting bigger by the day.  And just this week I started to feel the baby move!  I usually feel it in the late morning/early afternoon while I'm sitting at my desk.  It's the craziest feeling... like gurgly bubbles that tickle!  But I love it :) I'm excited to go to Babies R Us soon and check out all the adorable baby stuff I will need to eventually stock up on!

In other news, we have lots of home improvements to do before the baby comes.  Since right now we are using the baby's room as the 2nd Bedroom/Office/Storage, we will have to move all that stuff downstairs.  But we can't do that until we finish the basement!!  Luckily the homeowner before us did pretty much everything except for paint and put in flooring, so Rian is painting soon and one of his work colleagues will be working on closing in the staircase and helping us find a flooring guy.  The basement project should be complete by mid to late February, so then we can start working on the nursery!  Time is definitley going to fly once spring hits........

No comments:

Post a Comment