Greetings Happy Readers!
The first month of Hailey's second year is already under our belts and she is certainly keeping us on our toes! She has had her first second holiday (does that make sense?) which was the 4th of July. Here is a fun comparison for you:
I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th! Hailey wasn't scared one bit by the noisy fireworks. She actually slept through most of them!
We also took a fun trip to the Lake of the Ozarks a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time in the condo pool and out on the pontoon boat!
I rather enjoyed the survey format of my 1 Year post, so I think I'll continue that for now. Enjoy!
Achievements in the past month:
- Feeding herself with a spoon:
- Making a tower by stacking a max of 4 of her wooden blocks or chunky legos together
- Shaking her head "yes"
- Drinking out of a straw
- Throwing a ball on command
- Playing peek-a-boo all day long! :
- Signing "all done"
- Scribbling with a crayon:
- Waving at absolutely everyone. And I get really mad when people don't wave back - she's a baby people, come on! Don't break her little heart!
- She also understands a lot and responds to requests. For example, if her sippy cup of milk is on the coffee table on the other side of the room and I say "Go get your milk!", she will walk over there and pick it up. She also responds to "bring it to me" "give it to daddy" "shake it up!" "come over here" "put it down", etc. And if you say "where is the doggy?" or mommy, daddy, etc, she points to the correct person.
- Drinking water from a regular cup without mommy's help (she does well on the first sip, but then she just wants to put her hand in the cup and play with the water!)
- Locating body parts
- Cottage cheese
- Lentils (beans)
- Mommy's homemade fruit water, and popsicles made from it
- Applesauce with cinnamon
- She continues to be a pretty good eater, but she's gotten a little finicky at dinner time. If there are no black beans or peas on her tray (her faves) it takes a lot of coaxing to get her to eat. Apparently their taste buds change around this age so its normal for her to prefer certain foods. But she eats super healthy overall so I'm not worried one bit.
- Still taking 2 good naps a day, each about 60-80 minutes long.
- Goes to bed around 7:30pm and lately has been waking up earlier than normal (4:30ish....) so we are currently trying to remedy that! Mama likes to sleep until at least 6!
- Her fave words this month are definitely Dada and Daddy! She says them every day, all day!
- "Mama" is hit or miss... she usually only says it when she is angry!
- Started saying "yes" (not at the correct time like in response to a question, but she is saying it nonetheless!)
- It sounds like she says "doggie" sometimes but I can't be sure...
- Last night we asked her to say "Hailey" and it came out "Hiiii-eeeee". So, so cute :)
- She loves pushing her Minnie Mouse car all around the house and storing toys in the seat compartment
- She loves her "scoops" (measuring cups). She carries little toys and trinkets all over the house in them.
- She plays with her chunky legos a lot, stacking them together and pulling them apart
- She loves standing on her blue beach chair and looking out the window
- She also loves things that makes a fun noise when she shakes it. I have made her a bunch of shaker toys with empty puff containers filled with rice and/or popcorn kernels!
- She also loves playing in the backyard with water. This is another fun place for her to use her scoops.
- She loves transferring our can coozie collection from one bucket to the next and seeing how many coozies she can hold in her hand at one time. She also likes to drop each coozie one by one thru the slats of the baby gate. She gets really excited to watch them drop and says "Whooaaaaah!" when they fall.
Here are some of my favorite pics from Hailey's 13th month!