Monday, April 22, 2013

Baby Buckner #2

Drum roll, please.......

Here is my official blog announcement that Rian and I are expecting Baby #2 this October!  I am currently 3 months along (14 weeks) and Baby B is due on or around October 21.  We are so excited!  We have decided not to find out the gender this time around, nor to reveal the baby's name until he or she is born.  I already have girl clothes, and my sister has tons of boy clothes, plus I want to do a giraffe nursery, which I think is gender neutral, so we are all set either way!

I am so happy that today is the official start of the second trimester.  The first trimester is just no fun!  In my experience, weeks 6-9 are the worst, with constant nausea and food aversions & cravings.  Not to mention constant exhaustion!  I am blessed in that I am home with Hailey every day, so I was able to lay on the couch basically all day long while Hailey watched {way too much} TV.   But thankfully I'm feeling better now and ready to start exercising again to hopefully ward off the extra pounds that I gained with Hailey!  As far as cravings go, I had an insane craving for gummy bears and gummy worms around week 7-8.  But currently the only things that I crave are things that are both cold and sweet, especially apples and Arnold Palmers (half lemonade, half iced tea).  Mmmmm.... just typing that makes me want one!  :)

I am so busy with Hailey that some days I don't even remember that I'm pregnant!  Therefore I've decided not to take weekly pictures of myself this time, and to do monthly pictures instead.  I think I can manage to take 9 pictures of myself throughout my pregnancy instead of 40!  Here is what we have thus far:

{Someone didn't want to cooperate for month #3....}


Since Baby #2 is due in October, we are referring to s/he as "Pumpkin" - and we can't wait to meet him or her!

No comments:

Post a Comment