You, sweet girl, are 2! Your daddy and I are so madly in love with you. You are the light of our lives and our reason for being. Like I've said before, you are SO sweet, SO smart, and SO silly. You make me and daddy smile every single day, and we absolutely could not be more proud of the darling young toddler you've become. Happy 2nd Birthday, Baby Girl!
Here is a rundown of where we are at 2 years old:
- 27 pounds, 12 ounces (65%)
- You have gained 6 pounds in the past year.
- 2 feet, 9 and 3/4 inches tall (also known as 33 3/4 inches) (48%)
- You have grown 3 and 3/4 inches in the past year.
- You wear both 24 month and 2T clothing.
- You still have small feet, but they're beginning to catch up. You are just now starting to outgrow your 5's. I'll be buying you some 6's very soon!
- We stopped cloth diapering about 3 months ago; you wear size 4's in disposables. And in about a month or so we are going to get serious about potty training! I want you totally potty trained by the time your sister arrives in October.
- You have 14 teeth (8 on bottom, 6 on top). Next to come in will be your upper canines and your 2 year molars.
- You still have your pretty blond hair and bright blue eyes.
- Frequently used nicknames for you are: H, Hail, Hails, Hay, Hay-Hay, Hailey Girl, Sugar Bear, Baby Doll, Tiny, Peanut..... and I think there are a lot more I can't think of right now!
- You take 1 nap per day, about 90 mins long (11:30-1ish), and sleep for about 11 hours at night (down around 7:30, up around 6:30).
- Your favorite foods are: jelly bread, oatmeal, fresh berries, smoothies, crackers (carbs of any kind, really), fruit pouches, applesauce, and green beans.
- You are still a very picky eater and won't touch anything not familiar to you. You don't eat any meat, cheese, or potatoes, and won't eat any vegetable other than green beans. You hardly ever eat pasta, and you don't like yogurt nearly as much as you used to.
- Despite your picky eating, you are a very healthy little girl. I thank God for that every night. In your entire life you have never had a single ear infection, you've never had a fever over 100, you've only thrown up 1 time, and you've had no major injuries. You've had a handful of colds and lots of bumps, bruises, and busted lips, but that's about it. We are very lucky to have such a healthy little girl. I hope you stay that way forever!
- You still love milk. You also drink a lot of water. I started buying apple juice about a month ago so you get that a couple times a week for a special treat. You even had your very first sip of soda a couple days ago! You loved it: "mmmmm - goooood!" you said.
- You are a little chatterbox! You love to talk and say funny things all day long. Some of my favorite things you say are:
- Oh no, where did Bucky go??
- Oh my!
- Oh goodness!
- Week you, mama (Thank you)
- I you daddy (I love you)
- Oh no! I stuck!
- Wook at me!!
- Uh Oh! What's that sound??
- You are a very friendly little girl and are hardly ever shy around strangers. You greet everyone you know with a big "HI!!" and hug. Especially your cousins... you love your Keaton and Collin! The three of you play so well together.
- I've tried hard to instill good manners in you, and you usually do say "peese" and "week you" at the right times. Makes a mama proud :)
- You love to play with your baby dolls and your big Mickey & Minnie, feeding them with spoons and bottles. You like to tell them to "open your mouf!!!!" when you are trying to feed them :)
- You LOVE being outside and you love to get dirty. Aunt Missy got you a water table for your birthday and you absolutely love it. You love to play with sticks & balls and smell pretty flowers outside. You also love going to the park. Your obsession with "fwings" is out of this world. You would swing all day every day if I let you! As soon as I even mention the work "park" you say, "Go to park and pway fwings? Pway swide?? Go to park NOW!? Come on mama wet's go!"
- You love to draw, color, and paint. You also love to play with play-doh.
- We have been very busy lately with moving into our new house, so I've been slacking a little on the "home schooling" so you probably don't know as many numbers or colors as you should. You can count to three with no problem, and then you skip to "eight, nine, ten... webben!" You know the colors blue, yellow, and black. You can correctly name a heart, star, circle, and triangle.
- You are pretty well behaved most of the time (unless you are tired). You rarely throw tantrums and you don't hit or bite. You do love to climb on chairs and couches and our coffee table so I'm having to instill some discipline in those areas so that you don't get hurt. But you do usually listen when I tell you to get down.
- You and your daddy have formed such a sweet bond and I love watching the two of you together. He makes you laugh like no one else can. He gives you a bath and puts you to bed every single night. You love your daddy so much and say "I you daddy" (I love you) when he leaves for work each morning. But when you are tired or upset you always want your mama ;)
|First time feeding the goats at Grant's Farm - you loved it!|
|Fell asleep while reading in the car :)|
|Will you take me on a wagon ride?|
|Just takin a stroll...|
|Mother's Day 2013|
|Grandma Peggy and her 3 grandbabies on Mother's Day|
|Kisses for Bucky!|
|I don't know why but I just really, really love this picture of you in daddy's hat|
|You and your best friend|
|Not scared one bit of the big horse at Suson Park!|
|Snackin' on a strawberry at Kirkwood Farmers Market|
|Little Monkey taking advantage of the empty cabinets|
|You love your Mickey dolls!|
|Mommy & Daddy at the Cardinals game|
|More strawberries at the Farmers Market! I love how big and beautiful your eyes look here.|
|Mama's little ragamuffin|
|Takin' a break from packing all those boxes...|
|Love this pic.|
|One of the last times you got to run around in our old backyard|
|Playing in the rain! You and daddy had so much fun!!|
|Reading nite-nite stories to your baby|
|First day front facing in mommy's car!|
|A little keep-you-busy activity while mommy packed up the house!|
|You are so creative!|
|You and "Gaw Maw" all ready for Collin's baseball party!|
|First time in a bounce house!|
|Second to last night in our old house|
|Playing with your "kids" on top of all the boxes|
|Moving Day :(|
|Watching all the action....|
|Holding tight onto Bucks!|
|First morning in the new house. No food or TV, so we ate cookies for breakfast and watched a Clifford DVD :)|
|You and Collin keeping busy while mommy & Aunt Missy cleaned & unpacked|
|We took a little break from unpacking to go to Bee Tree park.. just 3 minutes from our new house!|
|You and Collin certainly kept us entertained!|
|Naked Cowgirl :)|
|It didn't take you long to find your new toy cabinet!|
Happy 24 Months, Baby Girl!
Next up is a post on your 2nd birthday and birthday party!