Wednesday, July 24, 2013

6 Months Pregnant


It's hard to believe I've already been pregnant for half a year.  I have been really blessed in this pregnancy so far because it has gone so well.  By this point in my pregnancy with Hailey I had gained crazy amounts of weight and was very, very swollen.  I know I still have 3 months to go, but if I can go about another month and a half feeling this good, I'm a happy camper! 

I just entered the third trimester a couple day ago (I'm 27 weeks, 2 days).  I have my 28-week checkup this Friday so hopefully my belly will measure right on track.  Baby Girl is about 2 pounds by now and is about 14-15 inches long.  I can feel her move ALL the time.  It is the coolest feeling in the world! 

Baby Girl's most recent photo:

Look at that sweet face!!!

As for getting ready for her arrival.... I am not ready.  We haven't even started on her room yet.  It still has a horrible wallpaper border that the previous owners were kind enough to leave for us.  We are working on Hailey's big girl room first which is coming along slowly but surely, and as soon as that is finished (and we get back from vacation) we will start on Baby Sister's room. 

I did get out the tub of Hailey's newborn and 0-3 clothes last week to see what I had to work with.  But since Hailey was born in the summer and this baby is coming in the fall, I don't have too many outfits I can reuse for the new baby :(  I've hit up a couple re-sell-it shops for some warm sleepers, but I still have a long way to go!  I do have some light blankets and the beloved Woombie so we are good to go in the swaddling department!  As for things I need, a few things come to mind....... binkies, hats, a warm carseat cover, long sleeve onesies, diapers, diapers, diapers, double stroller (might wait till spring to get this), breast pump, new burp cloths, a couple warm blankets, socks........ you get the idea. 

But first things first... we are going on vacation at the end of this week!  :)  South Haven, Michigan with my parents, brother and sister-in-law, sister and brother-in-law and my two nephews.  I am very excited!  Hopefully Hailey will love the beach as much as she did last year.  I have packed lots and lots of car activities for the 8+ hour car ride, so hopefully that will go well with a toddler in tow.  I am just looking forward to a week of nice weather, family, and fun!

Here is the comparison since last month.  And I'll be completely honest - I had no idea I looked this big until I saw at these pics :(

Looks like Baby Girl did LOTS of growing this past month!
Here are a couple prego pics from our trip to Chicago last week:

Hovering over Chicago on the SkyDeck!
Gotta love the maternity swimming suit look :)
I also thought it would be cool to see how much growing Hailey has done since the beginning of the pregnancy... look how tall she has gotten and she lost a little of that "baby face"!

20 months vs. 25 months
One more fun comparison for you.  I just happened to locate the first picture below which is when I was just over 6 months pregnant with Hailey.  I notice a few things..... 1) I'm wearing the exact same shirt  2) My belly shape is totally different  3) LOOK at all those things I had in her closet already!  So far behind this time.....




No comments:

Post a Comment