Tuesday, August 11, 2015

All about Thieves


Oh Thieves, how I love thee.

Thieves and Lavender are the main reasons I'm using (and now sharing) Young Living essential oils.  

Germs, y'all.  I've got kids, so germs (boogers, poop, slobber, oh my!) are everywhere.  Not to mention all the germs out and about in our daily adventures.  Shopping carts alone... ew.  Well with thieves in my back pocket (sometimes literally), I don't worry so much about germs anymore.  

Did you know?

Thieves essential oil blend was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying. Young Living’s one-of-a-kind Thieves blend was crafted in the spirit of that legendary combination and can be found in all of our Thieves products.  It contains the essential oil blend of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Rosemary & Eucalyptus.

My first run-in with thieves was shortly after I bought my starter kit.  With the knowledge that thieves is helpful towards teeth & gum health, I swabbed some on my gums after I had some dental work done and wow!!  Now, I should explain that thieves is considered one of the "hot" oils, meaning its a good idea to dilute it with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil) to alleviate any burning sensation that could occur after application.  I was feeling brave that day and swabbed it right on, sans carrier oil.  Quite the sensation, not to mention relief!  

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or dentist - please always dilute thieves on children.  Adults please make the choice you feel is best for you.

Soon thereafter I got a tickle in my throat.  I added a few drops of thieves to some warm salt water & gargled - my throat discomfort diminished greatly afterwards.  I've also cooked up this "sick tea" a few times when I could tell I was coming down with something, and while it certainly doesn't taste like a piña colada, it definitely is effective!

Peace out, germs.  Hello, busy schedule.


Thieves is great for helping build the immune system.  I have a roller bottle made up of Thieves, Oregano, Lemon & Purification that I roll onto my family's feet & spine whenever they're coming down with something (hubby included!).  I also plan to roll this onto Hailey's feet each morning before preschool to help build her up against any germs she may encounter there.  Thieves can also be diffused to knock out any airborne impurities.  I do this in the kids' rooms when they're under the weather.

There are a few different Young Living oils that are great for respiratory support - and Thieves is one of them.  Just massage it into the chest along with some coconut oil.  

I made up a hand sanitizing spray bottle containing Thieves, Purification, Lemon & witch hazel and keep it in my purse.  I spray shopping cart handles before putting the kids in them and then spray their hands after we get out of the cart.  Or if we're out and about and need to clean off our hands before we have a snack - thieves spray to the rescue.

And how could I forget??  Cleaning with Thieves!  I have the Thieves household cleaner and wow, it's great.  Just a couple capfuls into an empty spray bottle and then fill it up with water.  It's safe (and effective) on everything from vegetables to toilets.  I've honestly never seen my surfaces shine so much (which is not something I ever thought I'd get excited about either, but it turns out I do!).  


Hopefully this info was helpful to you! 

Peace, Love & Lavender,
Angela

Buy your starter kit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment