So I decided I want to take some time and chat about each oil individually. To really explore what they are, what they can do, how they can help you, and all that fun stuff!
First up is lavender, because let's be real - I've been using oils for about 3 months now and I think I'm on my 5th or 6th bottle of lavender. It's just amazing. And for a lot of people, it's the "gateway" oil - once they try lavender, they are hooked and ready to try more! Why? Because it. works.
Fun Facts about Lavender:
- It takes 27 square feet of lavender to make one 15ml bottle
|Young Living's lavender farm in Mona, Utah - gorgeous!|
- Lavender is so helpful with seasonal sneezing & sniffles. Either diffused or applied topically it helps dry up all the yuck - naturally! It's often teamed up with Lemon & Peppermint essential oil to really pack a punch on the seasonal nonsense.
- Lavender can be applied directly to cuts to disinfect and minimize bleeding. I put a drop of lavender on the bridge of my nephew's nose last week and his bloody nose stopped in 1-2 minutes. Just sayin'.
- Lavender is soothing to skin irritations. Think about your burned skin after a day in the sun, or annoying bug bites, or mysterious itchy skin patches! Add a few drops to some coconut oil and spread 'er on.
- Lavender is ultra relaxing. Diffuse it or apply it topically (a couple drops to the bottoms of feet, wrists, back of neck, anywhere really) and it eases tension & promotes some serious relaxation. Go to sleep and stay asleep! Helpful to babies & kids, too! And who doesn't like a sleeping baby??
- Lavender smells amazing and is deodorizing! Put a drop on a cotton ball and place in drawers or closets to lightly scent linens and keep the critters away. You can also put a few drops on some wool dryer balls or a damp cloth and toss it in with your wet clothes in the dryer! Dryer sheets are totes toxic anyway.
There are more, but I think you get the idea :)
And what I love most is that there is absolutely, positively NOTHING in the bottle but pure, therapeutic grade essential oil - steam distilled plant material that has NOT been sprayed with pesticides, herbicides, or any other petro-nastiness. Young Living has extremely high quality standards. They are in control of every step of the process - from the seed to the final seal. (www.seedtoseal.com)
|Distillery at the lavender farm in Mona, Utah|
|There she is! Fresh lavender oil in the distiller!|
Y'all should try lavender. It's a great oil to try to get your foot in the door and see what this whole world is about. It's super affordable! I promise you won't be disappointed.
Peace, Love & Lavender,
Ready to jump in? Buy your starter kit here!
They are $10 off through the end of the August!